Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stormy Tuesday

These April showers better bring some pretty darn beautiful May flowers. I'm not feeling the love this morning. Our year and a half old roof apparently is leaking in 2 places. One is in our closet above all my purses. Luckily, the rain hadn't started dripping down on them, so they were safe. The other spot if in the corner of our bathroom above our linen closet. Right now the paint is just wet and it hasn't started dripping all the way down. The spot in the closet had a water droplet in the center though. Don't worry about my Coach purses though, because they are in a separate place. Sasha was scared to death all night. I actually slept pretty good until Deb called. It was 3:30 and she goes "are you awake?" I thought somebody had died or something. I said "it's 3:30, of course I'm not awake". I was grateful she called though to warn us about the hail. We didn't cover our cars up though, but at first glance it doesn't appear there is any hail damage. We'll see when it gets a little lighter outside. Unfortunately the same can't be said for our roof. Scott has today off so he's going to call our builder to see who he used for our roof and then call our homeowners insurance guy. Hail damage on a car can wait, but not on your house. After 3:30 the weather was so crazy I had a hard time falling asleep. So, I'm sleepy and wishing I was at home in bed. After school yesterday Mom and I walked 3 miles before it started raining. My feet hurt at school, so 3 miles didn't help any, but what can you do? I had to make my desserts for CG last night because we're going to the gun range after school and I have pilates tonight. My mixer got a lot of use yesterday. I made the coconut cake from Easter except I cheated and used a cake mix and added coconut to it. Mom says the frosting is what makes the cake anyways. I did make the frosting home made though. Then I made a cookie cake and a batch of icing. I'm going to decorate the cookie cake tonight. My mixer was used 4 times last night, so let's hope it still works since it is temper mental. This is going to be a long week. I have all the stuff tonight, CG tomorrow night and PT conferences Thursday night. Then sometime I need to make Scott's birthday cake for Saturday night. Busy Busy. there are 35 days until school is out!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: