Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Muddy Paw Prints

It is already Wednesday this week. I have a feeling these last 25 days of school are going to fly by. This morning I had to be at school early for a meeting about homelessness. Lola was quite aware of the fact I had to be there early, so she promptly went outside and found a muddy spot and ran in and made a trail from the door to the kitchen. On the white carpet. But, I was able to get it up without any stains. I even had time to unload the dishwasher. I've been taking my shower at night so I can sleep in more, and I'm really liking that. Yesterday I found out that one of the kindergarten teachers has been talking trash about me. Why is it that women just can't be confident enough in themselves that they don't have to go around talking trash or being immature? I don't get it. It's really easy to talk behind someone's back, but it takes some balls to go talk to their face. Apparently she doesn't have any. I'm praying for grace and a forgiving attitude. Yoga has started at my gym again, so I'm going today after school and I'm very excited about that. Perhaps it will ease some of my tension. My casserole last night was really good, and it was fun having Mom, Dad and Deb over. It was such a nice night that we ate dinner outside.

Apparently I'm slacking off in my crazy do everything in advance problem. My 3 year anniversary is next month and I haven't gotten Scott anything. Last year I had bought his gift in December. Mother's Day is coming up and I haven't done anything about that either. What's wrong with me? If you know me well, you know that I cackle when I really get to laughing. On Friday while we were all driving around I cackled and Mom said she hadn't heard me cackle in a long time. I got to thinking about it, and she's right. I don't know if I've been taking life to seriously or what, but I need to do something different. I don't feel like I'm the happy go lucky, silly person that I used to be. Perhaps I will find that in myself again over the summer.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

What did she say about you?

Beth said...

She said that all I ever had the kids do was color. She complained to teh prinicpal, the councilor, behavior tech, and who knows who else that I don't know about.

Lauren said...

OH MY GOSH! How rude! It's really hard for me when people talk about me. Especially when it's about something I feel I do really well. Hmm...boo for her.

Beth said...

My thoughts exactly. I've gotten awfully confrontational in my old age!