Thursday, April 17, 2008

God's will

Tomorrow is Friday and there is no school. Yippeeeeee. There should never be school on Fridays! So on Tuesday during conferences I had the last part of my assessment from my principal. At the end out of the clear blue she told me she didn't think that I had clicked with the family at Boevers. I asked what she meant and she said I didn't play with them. Meaning after school things. I told her that I had a life outside of school with my family and church and friends, and that if there was a get together on a night I already had something else, that no I wouldn't be there. She went on to talk about other things and I brought it up again and asked if she thought I didn't like the staff or the students or if anyone had said something to her about me and she said no, but it was just a "feeling she had that she couldn't explain". I'll tell you what the feeling is. I'm the union rep for our building and she doesn't like it. I do a good job teaching, I love my students, get to work at least 30 minutes early every day and so on. I have never had a bad evaluation or anything like that. There have been several issues come up this year that had to do with things that weren't being done according to our contract, and I know she didn't like it. The thing that bothers me the most is that she says she is a Christian and talks about going on mission trips and other things. I know we as Christians aren't perfect, but we are expected to show Christ like behavior, which I don't feel like she is doing in this case. she can't fire me, but she could try to have me transferred. Several of the teachers I talked to about it thought it was ridiculous and couldn't believe she said it. Our union president was appalled.

We talked about God's will at CG last night. I'm one of those people that plans everything and always thinks I have everything under control. What I fail to realizes sometimes is that nothing is in my control, that God is in control of everything no matter how well it seems like I'm doing things on my own. There are situations that he wants to change sometimes, that we can't always understand why and it may take years to understand or sometimes you just never do. You may pray for something and when it doesn't happen wonder why God didn't answer your prayer when in the first place you should have just been praying for God's will to happen with your situation. WE may pray for heeling so someone but perhaps the healing he wants is spiritual and not physical and it may be the healing they get when they die and go to heaven. I strongly believe that is what happened with Theresa. So, regardless of what happens, it is beyond my control. Nothing may come of it, or I could be transferred. I don't know, only God knows what is best for my future. All of that might seem kind of heavy, but it was what I needed to hear last night. Happy Thursday and day before no school tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

JenPen said...

Thanks for posting that...I needed to be reminded of that today. Love you!