Monday, January 26, 2009

Icy Monday

The weekend went by too fast. Friday I went and worked out with Mom then came home and made dinner for Scott. Scott was painting the stripes in Will's room, so I thought I would make him a nice dinner and buy him some beer. It was actually pretty embarrassing being pregnant and buying beer at QT. Oh well, what can you do? I cleaned the house while Scott painted because I figured I should keep myself busy. Saturday morning I got up early and went to Wal-Mart to get my grocery shopping done early. I bought some Valentine's Day candy to put in my apothecary jars in the kitchen. They look really cute. I thought I was feeling better, so I stood outside and did my duty on Friday, so my cold came back again pretty miserably this weekend. Now I have a cough that is starting to go with it. I hope it doesn't turn into something, because I'm saving my sick days for better things. Saturday night we went to the Barre Society thing at McNellie's. I wasn't going to mention it to Scott, because what fun is it for a pregnant girl to go to a beer tasting? I decided to go ahead and tell him about it since it was free for us to go. We went and he tasted different beers, and I ate a bunch of their strawberries. Do you know how expensive strawberries are now? Plus, I read they were a pregnancy super food, so I figured I ate my beers worth in strawberries. Yesterday Mom and I hung out after church since both of our husbands had to work. We went to dinner with Scott's parents at my favorite place. . . . Olive Garden. I could eat there every day. So now I have some good leftovers to have for dinner this week. Scott has three P shifts in a row, so I won't be making dinner for just me. I made a big crock pot of soup this weekend. If the weather isn't too bad Mom and Dad are going to come over for dinner tonight and have some. Speaking of weather, I really hope it doesn't get as bad as they say it could. If it's starting to look bad I'm going to go home on my plan. We all know how unprepared the Pense girls are at driving in the ice and snow. The other 2 may be better at it, but not me. Poor Dad. He thought he was protecting us, but now I'm grossly unprepared to drive in bad weather. So either my husband or father drives me around or I don't go anywhere. I did remember to bring my de-icer in with me today. Hopefully I won't need it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Brian made me take my snow shoe covers things today. They are a non-slip thing that fits over your shoe. I bet it doesn't even do anything.

Beth said...

I hope it doesn't do anything. Although, I've been thinking of all kinds of things to do at home tomorrow if I get the pleasure of staying home!