Thursday, January 29, 2009

3 day break

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3 day unexpected break. Yesterday morning I made Scott and I snowflake pancakes for breakfast to commemorate the weather. I sent the snowflake cookie cake to work with Scott so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. I was very productive yesterday. I made the pancakes for breakfast, fresh guacamole, fresh hot sauce and banana bread. That's usually more than I make in 1 week! I didn't do a whole lot last night though. I watched a CSI New York marathon on Spike and read a little bit in a baby magazine. I've been reading some of my baby books, and I think that they have made me anxious more than anything. Tuesday night I was reading about breastfeeding and all that good stuff and felt completely overwhelmed. After 8 chapters of that book I decided I would just watch TV. Last night I was looking at something Babies R Us sent, and there is just a ton of stuff you need for a baby. I feel grossly unprepared. But, if there are 15 year old girls that can do it, I can do it. I will be doing a whole lot of praying I can tell you that. Our realtor called last night and said someone else looked at our house on Sunday and were going to be giving us an offer today. She also said someone called her and wanted to go look at our house today as well. We haven't heard from her yet, so we'll see if they actually submit an offer or not. This has definitely been a God thing though. I haven't really worried about selling our other house, I have just prayed a lot and left it up to God. We have gotten more action in the past 3 weeks that it has been on the market than the over 2 months this summer. That is definitely God. So, pray that we get a good offer, or if we don't that we find another good buyer! We're getting ready to make our first double house payment tomorrow and it would be so great if it was our last.
Scott and I went to Babies R Us this afternoon, and I found a crib set that I liked. It's a whole lot cheaper than the one at Restoration Hardware. We still want to go look at Baby Emporium, and the lady we bought our furniture from is going to a furniture market in Vegas soon, so we could still find something else. Scott is going to paint the top of the stripes and the brown underneath tomorrow. So, if all goes well Will's room could be done being painted tomorrow. I won't hold my breathe though! Then, we'll just need to get the chair rail up and get some baby furniture. I got my license renewed today. I was afraid my picture wouldn't look very good since I am over 6 months pregnant, but I was pleased with the way it turned out. It's a picture I can live with for the next 4 years. I'm going to the ballet tonight to help with the Founder's Society thing. I'm only going to help Deb, even though she won't be there, and for the Fleming's. I used to go for the fabulous booze and the Fleming's, but my priorities have changed this year. Next year I'll go for the booze and the Fleming's again!

No comments: