Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Broken Arrow or Tulsa?
It is 17 degrees outside right now with a windchill of 5. Too cold. Guess who will not be standing outside for duty today? Scott didn't start painting yesterday until 3:30, so there is 1 coat of blue paint on the walls and ceiling. Hey, at least it's a start. I think the trash men ran into our mail box. It was fine when I left, but Scott went to lunch with his Mom and it had been broken and knocked over. Very suspicious. There has been this white German shepherd in our neighborhood that I have been trying to catch since Saturday. She has a collar complete with tags, but is apparently terrified of people, which is making it difficult to catch her. I told Scott about her on Saturday when I tried to catch her, and I didn't see her on Sunday. Scott saw her yesterday and spent forever trying to catch her. I don't know how long she has been out, but he said he was out fixing the mail box and he heard something crying. She was sitting across the street. He put some food out for her and she ate it, so maybe we can convince her we're nice. I told him to call the Broken Arrow Shelter and see if they would come out and help catch her. They said technically we live in Tulsa, which is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, but whatever. They wouldn't come out and help catch her, but we paid a $50 deposit to rent a live trap for 5 days to see if we can catch her. Wish us luck. I still don't get the whole we live in Tulsa thing. There is a Broken Arrow elementary school in our neighborhood and the shelter is less than 1 mile from our house. The other day I was driving down 41st street and there was a cow walking down the road. That's right, a cow. A big black and white one. I called the police to inform them, and the Tulsa Police said it was Broken Arrow's problem, and when they connected me to Broken Arrow, they said it was Tulsa's problem. I just don't think anyone wanted to go round the cow up. It wasn't roaming around on my way home, so somebody went out and got it. I don't think he ran away either, because he wasn't moving very fast. Anyways, let's hope we catch the poor dog, because it's supposed to be even colder on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment