Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Iced in Tuesday

It took me 20 minutes yesterday just to get the ice off of my windshield so I could drive home. That was after only 2 hours of icy stuff. Luckily the roads weren't bad on my way home. I can't say the same for Scott. He got home an hour and a half after he got off work. It took him 45 minutes to scrape his car off so he could drive to work. I'm currently waiting on his call to say he got there safely. It was nice having this extra time with him. He has 3 2:30-11:00 shifts in a row, so I wasn't going to be able to spend much time with him. We slept in until about 7:30 when Lola decided we should get up. I made some cinnamon rolls and omelets for breakfast. We finally took the tree down in the living room. It has been undecorated for a while, but since it's 9 feet tall and extremely heavy I had to wait for a convenient time for Scott. I'll miss it being there, because I've still been turning it on. You know how I feel about my lights. We watched a little TV together and I made us a homemade pizza for lunch. I was a good wifey and sent him off to work with a travel mug of Godiva dark chocolate hot chocolate. Scott loves hot chocolate. Lukewarm chocolate to be more correct. I'm sipping on some right now. I decided to keep myself from being bored, so I'm making a snowflake chocolate hip cookie cake to send with him tomorrow. I used my petal pan so it would have a snowflake shape to it. It's in there now. I even have some cute snowflake sprinkles to put around the edges. The birds have decided they like us at this house. They boycotted us at our last house, even though I always put food out for them. I've put 8 pounds of food out so far today. The cats are all sitting and staring out the blinds at them. The birds here are unusual. I don't know what kind they are, but they are big and speckled bright yellow and black. School is already cancelled for tomorrow, so I'll have to come up with something else to do then. I think Scott wants to finish painting the stripes, so I'll have to come up with something to keep busy. I may bake something else. I just got my phone call that he made it to work. I think tonight I'll read some baby books. Hopefully I won't get too bored waiting on Scott to get home. It gets kind of lonely being home in the evening by yourself! Stay warm.

No comments: