Monday, May 19, 2008

Last Monday Of The School Year!

Today is the last Monday of the school year. Next Monday is Memorial Day and we won't be in school that day, so I'm not counting it. I had a great weekend. Friday night we went out with Nathan and Amy, and it was really fun. I told Scott that I thought it was the first time we had been out with just another couple our age before. Besides Deborah and Bryan. They're family so they don't count the same! Saturday morning I got up early and Mom and I went to Wal-Mart before they got crowded. I started feeling sick Saturday morning and I ended up running a temperature all weekend. I cleaned around the house and then decided to take it easy for a while and took a long nap. I don't normally nap anymore, and I should have known something was up when I fell asleep Friday before we went out to eat. Yesterday we went on the family picnic and I'm proud to say that I didn't get sunburned, just a little tan! WE had to go to Mayfest to pick up my student's art work and we hung out down there and then came home. 7 more days of school left after today. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to take my kids to the outdoor classroom today. I took them all day Friday because my kiln was on and it smelled really bad. Our assistant principal unsealed my windows so we could let in some fresh air. I had a blast with them though. It has a fish pond, turtles, plants and all sorts of things in it. I gave them each a clipboard and made them draw a picture of something out there. I may have to do it today since it will be so pretty today. WE have an assembly today, Kindergarten will be gone tomorrow and Thursday is Super Kids Day and we will be outside all day. The end of school is much more fun at the elementary level.

I can't not mention that it was a year ago today that Theresa died. I didn't think I would actually ever get over it because of the way it happened at our house, but I've come a long way. So, Theresa Pense, we miss you and I'm glad you were in our lives for as long as you were.

No comments: