Friday, May 9, 2008

2 More Fridays

There are 2 more Fridays left in the school year. I'm soooo excited. It gets harder and harder to go to bed on time when the weather is so nice and it stays light for longer. There are only 13 more days left, so I think I can handle it. Yesterday Mom & Dad came over and all four of us went on a 2 mile walk. It was nice. I made this new pasta recipe for dinner last night that was from Martha Stewart's new Every Day Food magazine. It was wheat pasta with cherry tomatoes, parsley, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. It was good. I added crushed red pepper flakes to mine, and I think the next time I make it I will add some lemon juice to give it a little kick. Mayfest starts next Thursday and I can't wait. I always love to go to Mayfest. I get a big pretzel, beer, share a funnel cake and corn dog with Scott, and whatever other unhealthy food strikes our fancy. It's kind of like going to the fair. Plus, I have an artist that makes these whimsical cat prints that I've been collecting for years. I can't wait to see what new things he has. One of my 5th graders has a drawing that I entered in the art contest, so I'm excited to go see if he won anything. Last year I entered some of my high school kids in the photography contest. Since this has been teacher appreciation week, they have had the kids write poems and make art work for their favorite teachers. This morning I was walking to my room and I saw a poem one of my first graders made for me and it was so sweet. One of my third graders made me a card telling me how I was the best art teacher she had ever had, and how I was number one and drew a picture of me and her on the back. One of my third grade boys drew me a really good picture of some flowers. I love teaching elementary kids so much better than the upper grades. They are so genuinely sweet and appreciative and try hard at everything. My third graders will be gone on a field trip today, so I will get a nice break in between 5th and 4th. I'm hoping today goes by quickly because it's supposed to be a beautiful day and I'm ready to be home and enjoy it! Happy Friday.

No comments: