Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day

I am currently at home enjoying my snow day off from school. I think I would call it more of an ice day. I've made good use of my time off. I washed our king size sheets, duvet and comforter. Let's just say that has taken all day. I wrapped all of my Christmas gifts, read the paper, made some banana bread and I made some peppermint kisses which are in the oven right now. I've never made them before, but there like these little meringue bits that you sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of and bake. I'll let you know hot it turns out. Yesterday Mom and I volunteered at Toys for Tots. It went much smoother than the other year I did it, and it reminded me of how blessed I am. I think I need those reminders sometimes. We found a dog for Alyssa. I will say that my heart is still broken from being at the animal shelter. At least we saved one. I saw a one year old, female smooth coated collie there that I wanted to adopt, but Scott said no. I probably should have just adopted it and brought it home. It would have been too hard for him to make me take it back. We found her black dog with white on it's feet. It's a very unusual looking dog. It's face is pointy like a collies, and I don't know what the rest of her is! The cool thing is that it only cost me $10 to adopt her. She should have been $65, but when I was filling out all the paperwork the guy asked if I worked for the government. I said no, that I worked for a school, and he said that was the government. I would probably beg to differ, but for a $55 discount, I won't. He didn't tell me how much the discount was, he just told me I got one. I was shocked when he said $10. You can't beat that, because she'll be spayed and have all her shots. That's why I tried so hard to convince Scott we should get the other dog too. He seems to think that having 3 dogs, 3 cats, lots of fish and 1 baby would be too much. I don't think so. Oh well. We go pick her up tomorrow. Hopefully she gets along with all my people! I'm making Mom and Dad go with me because the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow too. Anyways, Happy Monday. It's at least happy for me because I'm still in my red reindeer pajama pants!!

1 comment:

TX Penses said...

Thanks for being such a persistent elf.....who works for the government! LOL :-)