After 3 snow days this week we are finally at the end. Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't get a whole lot done at home because Scott was home with me. He's been sick since Thanksgiving, and we've had to take him to the doctor lots of times and finally to get an MRI of his liver on Tuesday. He went to see a specialist yesterday and they are really leaning towards mono. Hopefully that's all it is. He's been thinking he's going to die ever since last Friday when they have been telling him all the things it could be. We've been doing lots of praying for him, so I think it's been working.
We went and got Alyssa's dog on Tuesday evening. That night she just came home and slept. She woke up in the morning coughing and spitting up everywhere. Let's just say that our carpets are really dirty after all this! We took her back to the shelter and they gave her an antibiotic for kennel cough and a cough medicine. Kennel cough is like the dog common cold, and any time you board your dog or if they're in a shelter environment they get it unless they have been vaccinated. Hopefully my people don't get kennel cough too. Tuesday morning she ran out the door and Scott and I were both in our pajamas. Luckily she kept slipping on all the ice in our neighborhood. Scott managed to catch her when I had run back to put my shoes on and get her leash. I think perhaps that's how she ended up at the pound in the first place! She's getting along with everyone but the cats. Jerry got himself stuck under the bed trying to get away from her. Nelly gets under there easily because she only weighs 10 pounds, but Jerry weighs 16 pounds so he just can't quite fit! She thinks Scott and I are her people so she follows me around like Sasha does. Sasha doesn't know what to think about sharing me, so while I was in the shower she chewed up my sock and chewed the puffball off of my furry boot slippers. She seems to be doing a little better today. She only coughs when she gets excited or tries to play with my dogs. We discovered that she knows how to sit on command last night. I think she is going to be quite the fabulous dog for Alyssa. I can't wait until she gets to meet her! Happy Friday before freakin Christmas Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment