Sunday, December 28, 2008

After Christmas

I can't believe that Christmas is already over. Lucky for me I still have a whole week of break left! Christmas was great. Alyssa got her dog when they came in on Sunday, Christmas Eve at Deborah's was a lot of fun, Christmas day was great. It was kind of sad not having Scott at home for Christmas again this year, but the pay off of having him at home next year with William will be so worth it. The house felt empty after everyone left. Scott is also right. I would make a terrible foster mother of anything because there would be no fostering about it. I was really sad to see Holly go home with the Texas Penses. It only made it better because I knew how happy Alyssa was with her. She really thought we were her people, and I think she misses Lola and Sasha. I don't think they miss her. I think they were happy for their life to go back to not having to compete for Mommy's attention. The cats are very relieved because they had to hide out the whole time she was there. I didn't do as much after Christmas shopping this year. Normally I spend some of my Christmas money on some decorations, but we're using all of our Christmas money to pay my car off. It will be nice not having that payment anymore. It's really hard having to have Christmas on a budget, but with having 2 houses this year we just didn't have all the extra money like we did last year. I think it was God's way of keeping us humble and grateful for what we do have. Our renters called us the day after Christmas and said they aren't going to continue their lease after February and they want to use half of their deposit to pay for this months rent and half to pay for February's rent. I told Scott we weren't going to agree to that until we saw what the inside of the house looked like, but I still don't want to agree to all of it. So I guess we're going to have to put our house on the market very soon. Please pray that we can sell our house. I think now could be a good time because the interest rates are really low now, and I think the spring is a good time to buy a house. God provided for us though and found us renters the day we took our house off the market, so I know he will provide for us now. It was a little too much for me to take when they called though, so I definitely broke down a bout it. You just can't tell a really tired, pregnant girl who is having the after Christmas let down and who hadn't gotten any Christmas money yet that you're moving out a couple a months before the baby is due! Anyways, Happy New Year!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Whew! What a few days you've had!