Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No Power in December (again)

Last night at about 11:40 it started storming at my house like crazy. It was thundering, lightning, hailing, and the wind was blowing like crazy. The first thing I thought when I woke up was that I wasn't going to stand outside for duty if it was raining. Back to the point. All of the sudden our power went out. All I was thinking was about how it was this exact time last year that we lost our power for 4 days during the ice storm. I knew they said it was going to rain and snow, so I just figured it was going on everywhere else too. I got up and sat my alarm on my phone and tried to go back to sleep. It was hard to go back to sleep wondering when we would get our power back on. When my phone alarm did go off I called Mom to see if we were having school, and I think she thought I was crazy. It didn't even rain at her house! The storm was so bad by us that it knocked down power lines, blew fences over, blew all the windows out of a bunch of car dealerships and damaged the school by our house. They cancelled school at the elementary by us. It was not fun getting dressed and putting my makeup on by candlelight. I thought I had on black boots, but discovered when I got to school that they were brown instead. Boo. Scott said we finally got our power back on at about 10:15. Our DVR is fried though. Boo to that too. We're having our PLC meeting after school at my school. I got all of our snacks together last night and then found them in the dark and brought them to school. Then, one of the teachers decided that since the weather might get bad she wanted to cancel it because she wanted to go to something of her sons. She knew about the meeting a month ago, so I was kind of getting mad that she wanted to change it and then everyone else said they guessed it would be okay to change it to next week. I sent an e-mail to our little head art teacher to tell her that I wanted to have it, and a few other things, but that's besides the point. Needless to say, we're having it after school. We have our Christmas party too, so hopefully the weather really won't be bad then. Anyways, happy nasty Tuesday outside and thank God for electricity.

No comments: