Sunday, June 28, 2009



Things have been busy in the Hughes house. First of all, Will is 2 months old today. He's currently snoring in my lap, so this will be another one handed blog. Friday was Scott's day off, so I did some house cleaning while Scott mowed. I would have gotten more done, but Will threw up EVERYWHERE, so he had to get a bath and then we had some errands to run. Friday night we had a date and Mimi and Pepaw came to babysit. We had a $50 gift card to Charleston's, so we went there for dinner. Ironically he girl who brought our food out was one of my students from my first year of teaching at Preston. We walked around Bass Pro afterwards and looked at guns. I need a new gun. I also need to go to the gun range. I used to beat Scott at the shooting game there, but it's been a while and he beat me this time. We went to Marble Slab for dessert and Scott decided we should call and tell Mom that we were off getting tattoos. Of course, they both believed us, because it' s definitely something we would do. Speaking of getting some ink, it's been 4 years, so I think it's about time for another one. I still think we should have a community group tattooing event, but now I'm rambling. Scott worked this weekend, so I got up early and Will and I went to the farmer's market with Mom and Dad. Mom and I went shopping after that and then took Will to visit his Daddy. I haven't done much else this weekend. I do have a very clean house though. My cousins girlfriend came over and cleaned today and my house looks great. She only charges $20 an hour, so if you need your house cleaned. . . .



I'm still waiting for my camera to come in. I hope it's here by the 4th of July. And, I still need a name for my business. I have to tell something crazy that happened today. Mom was on the love seat feeding Will his baba and I was on the couch pumping. The phone rang and it was Melissa wanting to know how to get to our house. I gave the phone to Mom, because I'm very directionally challenged. Then, the door bell rang and it was the cable guy needing in our backyard. Let's just say that it was a crazy few minutes and we both had our hands very full!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're busy! Who was you're waitress from Preston? Was it a student I knew?!

Beth said...

Yeas, It was Jimmi Marshall! She looked all grown up. She said she was going to OU. Crazy how fast the time goes.

drbaucom said...

I like how my tattoo looks so nice and ghetto. If you are really itching to go to a tattoo parlor, you can accompany me whilst I get my star filled in. Again.