I finally got Will asleep for the night. We'll see how long that lasts! He only woke up once last night, so I can't gripe about that. Mom stayed the night last night because their air conditioner quit working. Dad refused, but that's just Dad. This morning my breast pump died. Cynthia gave it to me, and I will say that I think it had a good life. I know I have used it a ton in the 8 weeks that Will has been around and it got good use with Jonathan and Alyssa. So, we had already fed Will a saved bottle of breast milk so my boobies were just going to have to wait until we bought a new one. (They didn't appreciate how long they had to wait either). We made a trip to Babies R Us and bought a hands free one. It was a lot of money, but it will really be useful when I have to go back to work. Plus, it's a lot quieter than the other one. We also bough little man some formula for gassy dudes. He has really bad tummy trouble sometimes and I really feel sorry for him. Sometimes he will just shriek at the top of his lungs because his tummy hurts so bad. Usually that shrieking ends with pooping, but I still feel really bad for him. He has his 2 month visit on Monday so I'll have to ask his doctor about it. Pretty much since Scott left to go to work at 2:00 until now he hasn't let me put him down. He did for 30 minutes so I could make and scarf down some dinner but that was it! He has eaten all evening too. That's why I like the pump, because I know what he's getting. (He's a very lazy eater!) He did smile and chuckle at me a lot when I was making faces and noises at him. I swear he was making some of the same noises back at me and chuckling about it. I don't know if they can make the noises back at you at 8 weeks, but I'll just pretend he can and that he's already gifted! It makes me sad sometimes during those sweet moments to think that come August 10 I'm going to have to leave him at day care to have those moments with someone else. It really makes me feel motivated to get my photography business going, so that maybe by 2 years from now I can stay home. We're hoping that's when we'll have baby #2, so it would be great timing. Right now I will just take it one day at a time. I feel very blessed that God has given me such a sweet, beautiful baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear the pump died, but at least it had a good life! I did use it a TON w/Alyssa, so we definitely got our money's worth.
Also sorry to hear that Will is having tummy trouble. You might keep a food journal for yourself so that you can show his doc. He might be able to point out if there's something upsetting his tummy. There were certain things that if I ate them the kids would have tummy aches. Can't wait to see you all!
Oh, and when I had to take Jonathan to daycare, I also gave them a disposable camera to take photos of cute things for me. It made me feel like I still could keep up with what he was doing.
Take good care of that new breast pump for me. :)
Can't wait to see Little Boy again next week! Love you.
Post a Comment