Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Hello all, I'm still alive, I just haven't posted anything. I went to the doctor on Friday and they told me they thought I should stay home. By staying at home and checking my blood pressure we were able to keep it down to an acceptable level. She said she thought I was going to get pre-eclampsia, and that by starting to stay home now, we could prevent it from happening as soon. They also thought my blood platelets might be a little low, so once again I got to have my blood taken. For the third time in 1 week. Did I mention that I don't like having my blood taken? She measured me and said that he was going to be really big! So, now I have a doctors appointment every week until he's born. My next one is tomorrow and they are going to do a growth scan ultra sound to see just how big he is. I will be excited to get to see him again though. Through all this he's done really well, so apparently it's just his crazy Mama with all the problems! I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe it. I went up to school yesterday and did 2 weeks worth of lesson plans that way they would be there. I also spent over 30 minutes cleaning up my room from the sub being there last week. You absolutely would not believe what a complete shit hole it was. She had moved all my pictures and my plant off of my desk too. That takes a lot of nerve! And you know the saying that when the cats away the mice will play? It's very true. I'm very stringent about where things go and how they clean up, and apparently they took advantage of the fact that I wasn't there. Scott says I shouldn't care, but I do. I was there for about 2 and a half hours. When I got home my blood pressure was 158/86. I guess there really is a reason I shouldn't be at work! I have very slowly been decorating for spring and Easter. I am really liking the way it is looking. Since I have been off I have been working on some paintings for Will's room. I couldn't find any art that I wanted, so I figured I would just make my own. I bought this CD that is classical music for babies in the womb. I've been turning it on and listening to it and sitting at the kitchen table by the windows and painting. It has been very relaxing. I have 1 finished and 3 more to go. I guess there is the upside for staying home! Scott painted the crown molding today and he's going to start cutting it on Thursday. The Just Between Friends sale is this weekend and I'm going to go Saturday night for the first time Mom's preview sale. If they don't have what we want we're going to go order some furniture from Babies R Us. Plus, they sent us a 15% off coupon, so you can't beat saving money! I'll have to let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm going on Saturday night with friend- I'll look for you! The three of us are all due within about 3 weeks of each other!!
Having your blood drawn so much is annoying. But just think, once you go into labor, you won't remember ANY of them! LOL
Post a Comment