Thursday, January 24, 2008
Is it only Thursday?
I can't believe it's only Thursday. We didn't even go to school on Monday, but it still seems like the longest week ever. It doesn't help at all that is less than 20 degrees outside. It needs to warm up because the kids are so restless from not being able to go outside for recess. When they don't go outside we all suffer. I have to go to a PLC meeting after school. The only reason I do my PLC is so I can have the day off in February. I know that's bad, but I don't care. I wish the other teachers had enough respect for us to bring their kids to specialties on time. but no, the same ones always bring them early. They don't stand and wait in the hall until their time, they just send the kids on in. half of them won't even walk their kids to the room. I have had kids brought in 6 minutes early before. Yesterday one class was walking down the hall and they were 5 minutes early. They weren't going to my class, but it still isn't right no matter whose class they are going to. She even acknowledged to me that they were early, but sent them in anyways. She's lucky they weren't coming to my class. I have started locking my door at lunch, because kindergarten is the worst about coming early. There's no way that the classroom teachers would put up with us running 5 minutes late, so they shouldn't expect us to take them 5 minutes early. I have really been putting my foot down lately about it, and I'm sorry to say for them, but I'm only going to get worse about not letting them in. Jerry and Sasha's teeth turned out fine. No one had to have any pulled, so I'm glad about that. 16 school days until our next break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment