Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hump Day

Well, we've made it to Wednesday already. The first two days of this week have gone by pretty smoothly, so I hope the rest of my days do to. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. Last night I decided to try my hand at chocolate ganache. I made a chocolate cake and put raspberry filling in it and chocolate buttercream icing. Then, I covered the top and let the sides drip with the ganache. After that mostly dried I took some chocolate buttercream and made some puffy things along the edges to make it look pretty. We'll see how it tastes tonight and then I'll let you know! It's supposed to be in the 50's today and snow up to 4 inches tomorrow. How crazy is that? Another reason why we should all pack up and move to Florida. I found a cat this morning. I thought I saw it a couple of days ago sitting in front of our neighbors garage. I wasn't sure if it was a cat then because it was so huge. I think it might have even been bigger than Jerry. This morning I went out to get the paper and it was there and came running towards me. So I said hear kitty kitty and it came right up to me and started purring. It looks like Miss Kitty reincarnated a little bit fluffier. I got it some food and water. Scott was asleep on the couch and I told him about it, but he was afraid I had brought it in. What would make him think that? I went outside a little bit later to take a picture of it, but it wasn't there. Hopefully it was just someone's cat that got out and it will go home. I was already making plans for it, which is probably why Scott was scared I had brought it in. I know what he would say. " A cat or a baby, you pick". I guess I can't pick the cat this time. He told me the other day that if something else came in that something would have to leave. He's starting to sound like Dad. It must be the effect that I have on the men in my life!

No comments: