Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dream House

Today we all went to look at the house. Let me just say, that this would be a dream house to move in to. Our complete dream house would have one extra bedroom, but I"m not complaining. It has 4 bedrooms, 1 game room, 3 and 1/2 baths, (although I don't remember seeing the other 1/2 bath), formal dining room, study, 3 car garage, security system, huge laundry room, giant walk in pantry, center island, granite counter tops, a covered back patio and is 2,949 square feet. That's double the size of our house! Granted, it has been lived in, so it has a few aesthetic issues, but nothing major. It is in pre-foreclosure and is at a great price. It's a lot of house for the money. We put a for sale by owner sign in front of our house 2 nights ago, so we are praying fervently that we can sell our house this summer. All the extra prayers would be a great help! We're going to go look at it again with Nathan since he builds houses and knows things to look for that we don't. If all looks good, I think we will put in an offer! This would be the perfect house to raise a family in and have my huge family over for holidays. It is like 5 houses down from our community group leader, so Scott said we could host CG again. I think that is one of the ways we can serve, because Alex said if you had a big house, host CG and let your home serve God as well as you. Scott even volunteered the suggestion before I did, so perhaps God is moving in him as well. It's kind of scary to think of buying the house and not selling ours and having to make 2 payments, but in the long run we can do it, but money will just be really tight and Scott said he may pick up a shift or two somewhere else to cover if we need it. I'm really excited about it, but this is going to take a lot of faith. I think God has put the people in our CG in our life for a reason, because Nathan has offered to help us sell our house if we can't sell it,and I know the boys would all help us move.

We picked up Mom and Dad's furniture today, so that was exciting. I'm looking forward to helping her decorate the living room and getting their life back together. The lady who owns the store is really nice, and if Scott and I end up getting this house I think we will use her for all our furniture. We're meeting Scott's parents tonight for dinner at Carino's on the river and then we're going over to their house to see their backyard. They just had it redone, so I can't wait to see it. Please pray for Scott and I that we can get our house sold!!!!

No comments: