Thursday, August 13, 2009

I survived the first day


This is what I looked like on my first day of kindergarten. You don't want to know what I looked like after my first day back of teaching school! I was so exhausted. The first half of my day went fine. All my kids knew me already, I knew them, and they know what I expect. After lunch I started out with kindergarten. 32 of them. It was a mad house. I was completely exhausted after them. And, one of them was completely deaf in one ear and has other things going on as well. I wasn't informed of any of that until their teacher picked them up and I was telling her about him. Nice. Would have been great to know that as soon as they came in. She's also the teacher that didn't tell me when one of her new kids couldn't speak any English. I really wish they would tell me these things!! My other last 2 classes went fine, but I just can't believe how exhausting it all was. I survived though. They all told me how much they had missed me and they were glad I was back, so that helped. They want Will to come to school so they can see him. I think he should just come every day!! Tonight we're going to Summer's 5th Night, so that will be a good break. Will woke up at 4 something making some noises, but I guess he went back to bed because I'm still waiting on him to get up at 6:50. Normally I would have woken him up by 6:30, but Jen is coming over so I don't have to leave as early. I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to miss him too much. It does make me sad though to think of everything I am going to miss during the day. We'll have to see if I can make other arrangements for next year. Wish me luck on day 2!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

32 kindergartners?!?!? Did you have an aid or were you completely by yourself with them? Isn't that illegal!? I definitely don't miss that part of teaching! I do miss some of it though, especially at this time of year when everyone is talking about going back, it's sort of sad not seeing "my kids!"

Beth said...

No, I had them all by myself!! I think it should be illegal.