Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Firsy Day of School!

Today is the first day of school. It will be my first time to teach since February 13th. I hope everything goes well!! Kindergarten is the only one that I'm a little worried about. I can't believe this is my 6th year to teach. It sure goes by fast. It's funny how the more I've taught the less anxious I get about the first day of school. The only thing that made me anxious was leaving Will. I think I cried 3 or 4 times when I left him on Monday. Once I got to work I was fine though. Scott brought him up to my meet the teacher and then we had to go to his meet the teacher. All in the middle of a rain storm. What fun. Yesterday he came to school with me and luckily Jennifer came and helped or I might have been up here all night getting my room ready. Will is at Amanda's house today and then Jen is going to watch him tomorrow. I did cry a little bit when I got to Amanda's though. Luckily Will was asleep so it made it easier for me to leave him. It was hard when I left the house because he was smiling and talking to me. It makes me want to cry when I talk about crying about him, so I have to stop!! I'm a little too busy during the day to think about it, so that's good. He will have his every Friday Dad and lad time on Friday. He's going to wonder what's going on! His school starts on Monday, so then he will hopefully get used to the people he will be around. My schedule this year is pretty good. We get 5 minutes in between our classes, so that will be a real life saver. The only bad thing is that I have duty every day before school and every other day after school. Blah. At least this year before school I will be inside! Well, I have to go do my duty, so here's to an event free day. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I hope your first day was a success Beth!