Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School

Well, I just successfully completed the first day of school. Surprisingly, I had a fabulous day. Our schedule is different this year and my plan is at the end of the day. I really like that. My duty is in the morning, every day, but what can you do? It was fun watching all the kids come to school today and getting dropped off. It made me excited to think about Scott and I having kids and taking them to school. We don't have any break in between our classes, so it makes it chaotic, but I'm going to be more laid back this year. I hope school goes just as well tomorrow. I did my room in a jungle/ rain forest theme. My bulletin board is black with leopard trim and I had different animal print letters that I used. I bought some leopard print fabric that Mom is going to make in to curtains for my huge window. I put pictures of jungle animals up everywhere. It looks really cute. In honor of my theme I wore my new zebra print skirt from express. It is really high waisted, and my hot pink shirt with it tucked in. I don't normally dress this nice for school, but I figured what the hell? I'm going to dress cuter this year. I made some back to school jewelry and I wore my long black necklace with it. I will have to say that it was a pretty fierce outfit. Tonight is Summer's Fifth Night, so I'm looking forward to that.

I haven't felt much like blogging this week. I think I was having a hard time getting back in the swing of things. But, now that my plan is in the afternoon I will just do it then. We are thinking about renting our other house out so we're not just waisting money every month. I have other things to use that money on. Our realtors don't want us to do it because they say someone will just tear it up, but all they want us to do is keep lowering the price. They want us to lower it so much that we would have to end up paying like $7,000 to sell it. I'm just not going to do that. I think if we rent it for at least 2 years we can build up some equity in it which will help us. We'll just have to realize that it won't look perfect when we get done. I will have a hard time with it, but I don't know what else to do. We're definitely praying about it. I went by the old house after school yesterday. It's so weird being there, because I still feel like we should live there. It felt very right driving there after school. I'm just such a creature of habit that I'm having trouble adjusting. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our new house and I know it was what we were supposed to do, I think it will just take a while. It took a while for Scott and I to be at our old house before it felt like home too. We would get bored and just go over to Mom and Dad's because we didn't know what else to do. I think in a few more weeks it will be easier. I can't wait to have my Halloween party there. I already have so many plans, but this is just August still. Scott did let me buy 3 trees yesterday, so we're making progress. I have painted 3 rooms and now have 3 trees. How exciting!

1 comment:

TX Penses said...

Glad you had a good first day!