Monday, August 18, 2008

House for Rent

The first weekend of the school year went by in a flash. I was glad Scott had it off with me. We kicked it off by going to the gun range. Ammo has gone up a lot which is not good because I can never shoot just one box. Then we went to Starbucks and the mall to look around. I have a thing now for clothes from Express. I love all the jewelled tones in their fabric. I had a coupon to use, so I couldn't waste it. Saturday morning I went to the farmers market with Mom, and Scott went to football practice with the boys. We just hung out for most of the day and then went out that evening. We had an interesting Saturday though. We haven't been happy with the way things have been going with the selling of our house and I wasn't sure what to do about it. We were thinking about taking it off the market and selling it on our own or renting it. We were leaning more on renting though. I talked with Mom that morning and she said to pray about it. I told her I had but God hadn't told me anything. In the afternoon I decided to call Dad and get his opinion and while I was on the phone with him our realtor called. I took that as my sign. I told her we wanted to take it off the market and do things on our own instead. It was a tricky situation since we are friends with them from our church group. She was fine with it, and so I decided to look on Craig's list for people wanting to rent. About an hour later our realtor called and said someone had called her wanting to know if we would rent our house to them for a year. I called the lady back and we went to meet them and show them the house. She said they were wanting to stay in the area and she had driven through our neighborhood before but never come down the street our house was on. They like the house and we really liked them. They called us last night and said they want to move forward with renting it. It was just amazing how God took care of the whole situation. I had complete faith that somehow he would provide for us, but Scott was doubting. The pressure of 2 impending mortgage payments was getting to him. Our church is doing a Next Step giving thing to help pay for the new sanctuary and we had been faithful in giving every week for the past 6 weeks and I knew he would provide for us. They are going to be a great family and they are Christians which makes it even better. Even she said it was a God thing that she came down that street. We hadn't even put out a for rent sign. We haven't signed anything yet with them, but I think they want to move in soon and she said they were looking for a year lease. I don't know if you can ask for better than that.

1 comment:

TX Penses said...

I'm so glad..God continues to prove his faithfulness