Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am officially 27 today. It seems kind of old, but what can you do? I've been really busy lately. We've done a lot of yard work at the new house. I spent 2 hours completely gutting the front flower beds because they were so over run with weeds. On the way home from that I found a dog. These kind of things usually get me into trouble, but I can't just leave them out wandering in the street. This was a massive golden retriever. He was in the same spot that I found Nelly exactly a year ago. I took it as a sign. I pulled over out of the street this time and called it over and he came and jumped right in. He had on a choke chain but no tags. He spent the day hanging out with me and I was determined that if we couldn't find his owners that we were going to keep him no matter how many times Scott had already said no. We went out to put up the signs I made in the neighborhood I thought he might have come from and found posters out for him. I have a high success rate of returning lost furry creatures to their homes. The Fourth was really mellow on our end because no other siblings were there to celebrate. We had a cookout at our house, took everyone by to see our new house on the way to Mema's and then shot off fireworks at Mema's house. Saturday morning we got up really early and went and spent 4 hours chopping down the 6 foot tall weeds and knee length grass that covered the ENTIRE backyard of the new house. It was a ton of work, but it feels really good knowing that you did something like that yourself.

This morning for my birthday Mom and I went to Mimi's for breakfast. After breakfast we went to Hobby Lobby and I got some decorations for our new house. After Hobby Lobby we went to the mall and I got some more decorations at Kirklands. I also found some really cute pink cargo pants at J. Crew that were on sale. The best thing about them is they are a size smaller than I thought I would have to get! Now I'm at home killing time before we go to dinner. We're all going to go to Olive Garden tonight. I love Olive Garden! I'm like Kendra on The Girls Next Door about Olive Garden! I'm making a baby shower cake this week and I actually made my own fondant for it last night. I'm excited about making it because I'm going to make it look like a present. I'll post pictures after I get done. We're going to go by boxes tomorrow and start packing since the moving people will be here to move us in 10 days. Like I said, I'm busy, busy, busy.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Okay, where to begin...
1. Happy birthday- a few days late. Sorry about that. I'll be 27 in a few months. It's just seems weird.

2. Where are the pictures of the new house??? Seriously. I really want to see them.

3. I love Mimi's breakfast!!!