Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to me























































We started off my birthday by having breakfast at Mimi's. Mom and Jennifer came too. The theme for my birthday this year was purple and zebra print, so I had to have a zebra print outfit or two to match. I even painted my nails and toe nails purple. After breakfast we piddled around the mall, Ulta and Kohl's until it was time to go to lunch and get my cake. We ate lunch at The Macaroni Grill. Mom, Dad, Jen and Scott's parents came over for pizza, cake and ice cream for my party. I even made purple cosmopolitans with purple rimming sugar. I even made Dad and Gary some club soda with lime that I dyed purple to match. In the middle of my dying, I got red food coloring on my brand new zebra shirt and my brand new jeans from The White House/Black Market. Go figure. Each Mom had an article of my clothing in a sink trying to get the red dye out. It came out of my jeans, but not my shirt. It's a work in progress. I even convinced myself that Deborah was secretly driving up to surprise me for my birthday because I had asked her to, and because she called me while she was in the car driving. She said she was on her way to church, but I still looked for her. I gave up after a while and was convinced that she was really going to church. I got a purple flower arrangement and a zebra and purple cake from Scott. He also got me a beautiful amethyst David Yurman bracelet. I was quite surprised. Everyone else gave me money to go towards my camera I ordered 3 weeks ago that still isn't in. I even gave Will some bubble horns in his bathtub tonight. Tomorrow we're going for his 2 month pictures at Target. In all, I had a great birthday and feel very blessed that God has given me such a wonderful family. One of these days I will figure out how to upload a picture and put text under it and upload another picture and put text under it. We're just lucky I figured out how to upload pictures. I forgot to put what Deborah got me. Since she knows that I like to have parties, she got me a serving platter to match my cheese platter, and a set of tasting spoons. You know, the kind you make something on and everyone gets a spoon and eats it. Also, crazy Mema had left a Lowes plastic sack hanging from my door with a 99 cents card in it and some kind of tank top. You know, the kind you can get at like Walgreens or something. Nice. And, big brother, you didn't call me for my birthday. Texting me Happy Birthday doesn't have quite the effect of calling and telling me!










2 comments:

drbaucom said...

Beth! You are making me feel so bad! I can just picture you watching out the window and it makes me want to cry. And you didn't blog what I got you for your birthday!

Bad girl.

Ellen said...

Hey Beth, sounds like you had a very happy birthday...hope it continues through the weekend! :)